Sunday, April 25, 2010

Daddy

When I think of what Daddy looked like I always envision him in levis and a white western shirt. For years and years that was his preference, he felt dressed up as long as he had on his white shirt--He was a handsome man even as he aged, if you recall. I think that it was Mike that bought him a pretty colored shirt and told him that his feelings would be hurt if he didn't wear it. Well, the days of the white shirts were a thing of the past,Daddy decided that he liked the colored shirts
He would dress to go somewhere and enjoyed smelling good so brother, he would spray the cologne or after shave on--you know it was of the mind set " if a little was good than a WHOLE lot was better." One thing for certain the man never smelled anything but good!
He loved all of his children but I can assure you that his two sons- Mickey and Mike was such a blessing to him. They rode the horses that Dad would buy to re-sale and helped him from the time that they were very little. I remember the story of him showing a man one of his horses that had been a little wild and telling the man that he would let his little boys ride it--the man told him "yea, I bet you would too- they can ride broncs better than most men. He did end up buying the horse. Can't you just hear daddy telling him how gentle the horse was and adding "if I'm lying- I'm dying."
I laugh every time I think of how picky he was when it came to cleanliness--ESPECIALLY concerning his food. One of my Aunts had cats and when Mom & dad would go visit them he would never eat or drink anything--Nada - nothing..When asked about why he didn't he said that he saw some of the cats on the cabinets licking out of one of the dishes--that did it for him!! Well, to be honest it would have been all of it for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment