Monday, May 4, 2009

Remembering our ancestors

I hope that sharing stories about our Grandparent's has been giving you a pretty good impression of what kind of people they were and perhaps that you now know them in some small way....it is sad for me to think of these dear people being forgotten in time so hopefully sharing a bit of our heritage--yours and mine--taking a glimpse into their lives -will make all of us keep them alive in our hearts. I believe that the person we become has much to do with someone in our past that made a deep impression or inspired us in some way. That person for me was my Ma Blanche--her labors of love that she performed everyday for her family and other people--her creative and talented hands forever busy making something for someone.. My love for old primitive kitchen antiques goes back to those "good ole days"--my love for sewing and quilting I know I learned from sitting by her side. I would NEVER claim to be the cook that she was but I do still enjoy cooking many of her dishes --even my feeble attempt to tell stories goes back to listening to Ma Blanche & Grandpa telling us stories. Everyone should be so blessed in having such a remarkable and memorable Grandmother.Whenever I read or hear Proverbs Chapter 31 Verses 10-31---I am thinking " that's my Ma Blanche!"....She passed away at the age of 94..

No comments:

Post a Comment