Monday, May 11, 2009

My Goose

I told you about Mick & Mike horses and Cinda had her a dog naturally- but I have told you about my pet--guess you could call him that..Mean as the old devil he was - he would chase you to get a a little pinch of your skin than he would twist until you screamed. I am thinking that he got out of Uncle Huts truck one day while he was there--since I have told you how mean he was, don't guess any explanation is needed as to why Uncle Hut left him!
I have never really been a animal lover --(the rest of the family made up for my lack of it) but there was just something about the old contrary goose that I did like. He made me laugh that's for sure --- like the time that uncle Presley was staying with us and was sitting on the porch step about half asleep and ole goosie woosie snook up behind him and got a nice big chunk of Presleys ear--didn't have time to twist it though as Uncle Presley screamed. jumped up and was swinging his fist. The goose takes off around the house- half running and half flying just squawking like crazy...don't blame him as there was a crazy old man running barefoot through the grass burrs cussing him and making all kinds of threats of a cooking pot.
The goose would chase Mick,Mike,Jerry & Bev but never did me or Cinda. Do you think that he may have recognized the contrary nature of my ways?? He was pushing his luck with Daddy-- Mom was always telling Daddy she wasn't cooking a goose. One day Mom was outside hanging out the laundry and this awful commotion started up--the way Mom was yelling my name I knew it wasn't good. As I get to the door I saw daddy sitting in the truck laughing like all get out-all the family was peeking out the windows and telling me that I had better hurry--and what trouble that goose was in..and that this goose was cooked for sure!!!There by the clothes line was Mom going around in circles holding a wet shirt with a goose attached to the end of it -- poor old goosie woosie looked like one of those tilt a whirl rides at the fair being slung around with his wings flapping up & down---up & down-- around & around--. He refused to let go ... I took the shirt from Mom and thought that he would keep holding on and she could go the house---WRONG off he goes chasing her. She made it inside -- don't ever recall seeing Mom run like that.
I came in from school one day and there was no sign of the goose---there wasn't anything cooking in the oven--I couldn't find any feathers laying around. Its a mystery to this day whatever became of him but I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the neighbors didn't have him laying real close to some cornbread dressing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment