Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Facebook

Folks, it is amazing the silly things that you find yourself doing in your old age--I am not THAT old but sure as heck not as young as I use to be.. I have FINALLY joined the rest of this "high tech" world and got myself a facebook page..said that I was not going to do it as I had too many other things to do--even thought that it was sort of silly to do such a thing, if you wanted to keep up with someone just call them. Then there is the "thing" about long lost friends or family finding you on facebook--well there may be a reason that you have not kept in touch, huh?
Of course, I was clueless about even setting up the page but my hubby was glad to do it for me..I really have a hang-up about having my picture taken so there are not all that many around here--he said that it wasn't necessary that I have one for my page but I did not pay much attention to him, heck , he has a cow for his photo. I considered a photo of one of my quilts but could just hear some wise crack about me "going to pieces". FINALLY, found one with my mouth closed--harder to do than you may think. Freddie thought it was pretty funny that I seem to be talking in most of the photo's.
Every time I get a notification that so & so wants be my friend, I think to myself "I thought we already were and have been for 40 years!'
Most all of my family have their own page and it will be nice to keep up with them on a daily basis--
I am right pleased with myself, I have now joined the facebook crowd and I learned to text this year (takes me forever but it gets done)-- if I can only learn how to work the 5 controls that operates our t.v. I will be in "high cotton!"

No comments:

Post a Comment