Monday, July 19, 2010

Old Friend

I suppose that I REALLY am getting old--I get something on my mind and cannot put it away. For some unknown reason I got to thinking about a girl that was my best friend in the 4Th,5Th, and 6Th grades--haven't seen her since we moved away in my 6Th grade year. We were very close and it is surprising that we did not stay in contact....guess that LIFE just happened and we didn't travel the same path.
She married at a young age and they moved to California---heck, I married at a young age and we moved to College Station--WHOOP IE!
I found her brothers name in a forward e-mail and contacted him and got her address and phone number. I called her tonight and we talked as though we had been visiting through all of these years. She moved back to Texas after her husband passed away. We enjoyed our walk down memory lane and laughed like we were school girls again--even discussed Elvis Presley...she was a Hugh fan. I liked his music but sure did not paper my bedroom walls with his posters like she did.
Guess it goes to show you that friends do make a mark in your life and in your heart, regardless of age ...

No comments:

Post a Comment