Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home remendies

Thought that you may be interested in some of the old home remedy's from the good old days. I'll tell you one thing for sure, I would have to be sick enough to die to try these --but it was all they knew to do and the remedies were passed down from generation to generation.
Sore throat-- Make a poultice of Kerosene, turpentine & pure lard & place this on your neck. In 5 minutes you will be able to taste the kerosene in your throat, and the cure will have begun. Then take 2 to 3 drops of kerosene oil in a spoon with a pinch of sugar--swallow this to complete the treatment. ( I wonder if the people that took this treatment stayed away from any open flames??)
Ear aches--Heat in oven either salt or cornmeal. Tie it up in a soft bag or sock and apply to hurting ear. Mom made many of these for me as a child because I had a lot of ear aches--after smelling the hot cornmeal all night I would wake up wanting cornbread that day. The heat did ease the pain some.
How to get rid of a seed wart--Are you ready for this???
The directions say to pick at the seed wart with a needle to make it bleed, get one of the seeds and feed it to a chicken, and the wart will go away!!! Now don't you just have to wonder how on earth ANYONE could come up with this---don't ask me if it works--I'm just passing these things along....

No comments:

Post a Comment