Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Soda Pop

Enjoying a soft drink was a treat for people when I was young or at least it was in our part of the country. We called them soda pop, and there were brands and flavors that have been gone a long time----darn that makes me feel old!! My favorite was a NuGrape, it was bottled in the neatest little bottle, recently while we were shopping in a antique store Freddie found a Nugrape bottle and bought it for me---a Man after my own heart giving me the old bottle--I love it.
All of us had our favorites--Jerry & Bev both liked Coke's, Mickey loved Dr. Pepper- Mike's choice was usually Root Beer and Cinda's preference was Orange Crush.
Later people quit calling them soda pop and started saying soda water---then some would say soft drink..Later it was just Coke--someone would ask if you wanted a coke and sure I did , then the orders would be for Dr. Pepper, Nugrape, 7-up anything maybe except a coke. Coke just covered ALL soft drinks. I am not sure what people call it today--I still say Coke and figure everyone knows what I mean...
Speaking of the drinks that are no longer made, reminds me of a few candy bars we loved that fell by the way side--soft peanut patty. Toppers, Jo-Boy,we liked a few others that are no longer made but I can't remember the names------(my memory is becoming a thing of the past too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment