Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mom's Pecan Pie

With all of this talk of the cafe and Mom's great cooking I want to share with you her pecan pie recipe. My hubby always loved her pecan pie, so she passed on the recipe to me many, many years ago. It is fast to mix and bake and believe me you will love it --- Grab your mixing bowl and pie plate-----
1-- 9 inch pie crust---(my sister uses the bought ones--not me, I do it the good ole' way and roll my own..) Either kind works
3 eggs, beaten well
1 cup of sugar
1/4 stick of margarine--melted
1 cup of Karo Syrup (white)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pecans to cover the top of pie--think it takes a couple of cups
Mix the above ingredients well
Pour into unbaked pie crust
Spread pecans on the top of pie, covering all of the top
Bake @ 350 for 35 min. or until done
I hope that you and your family will enjoy it as much as we have through the years. Mom never minded giving her recipes out to people, in fact she was always honored when asked to share one....ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment